The Southwest District supports the mission of the Minnesota Youth Soccer Association by administering MYSA programs and encouraging the growth and development of soccer for all youth.
Safe, fair, and enjoyable SOCCER for youth players of all skill levels and their families.
- Involvement for kids and adults
- Teamwork – learning to play roles on teams
- Sportsmanship – respect, role models
- Growth of programs
- Personal growth and development
- Healthy exercise
- Soccer as a lifetime recreational sport
- Teaching and learning
- Uniting cultures
- Building communities
- Use soccer to promote the development of the whole child (character, values, and healthy lifestyle).
- Promote sportsmanship on and off the field, including respect for the Laws of the Game and for all participants.
- Embrace the diversity of our communities.
- Identify, develop, and support positive soccer programming and strategies for participants at all levels.
- Capitalize and utilize the talents of our volunteers.
- Build strong clubs through communication, education & training, mentoring, and ongoing support for coaches, referees, and other volunteers.
- Promote and support development of new clubs.
- Support development and use of adequate facilities for all clubs.