Member Communities include:
Alexandria, Bemidji, Crookston, Detroit Lakes, Fargo-Moorhead, Fergus Falls, Hibbing, Heartland (Walker), Lakes Area (Brainerd), Little Falls, Minnewaska, Moorhead, Morris, Northwoods, Pelican Rapids and Wadena.
Ground Rules / Roles and Responsibilities
- Meetings will begin and end on time.
- Information will be emailed within a reasonable time for review prior to meetings.
- The views and opinions of every member will be respected. Members will be encouraged to state views and listen to the views of others.
- Regular meeting attendance, preparation and participation is expected of all members.
- Meeting minutes (unapproved) will be emailed to representative members and will be found on the MYSA website no later than three weeks following the meeting date.
- Votes are only required when for the election of District Directors. All affiliate members registered as competitive, have 1 vote per club. A quorum is over 1/2 of the affiliate members assigned to the District.
Communication Process When Issues or Concerns Arise
- Discuss it with the individual first,
- Bring it to the attention of the District Director(s),
- Ask for the issue to be discussed at a NW District meeting (request that it be an agenda item),
- Inform the NW District that this matter will be referred to the appropriate committee or person with MYSA.
Role of the District Directors
The District Directors will be responsible for convening meetings of the NW District representatives and for carrying out the following:
- Prepare agendas for NW District meetings that include a disposition, responsibility and time allocation for each item and identification of needed materials and information.
- Manage the logistics of an efficient meeting including, introductions, star-stop times, and distribution of essential information to members.
- Acknowledge and support member participation and contributions.
- Provide leadership and serve as a primary representative of the group's positions on issues.
- Review group effectiveness and follow up as needed.
- Guide discussion, provide synthesis and relate it to the "larger picture.
- Represent the NW District at all MYSA meetings including the Youth Council and District Operating Committee.
Role of the NW District Club Representatives (Boys and Girls)
- Club representatives have the authority to make decisions on behalf of their constituency.
- Club representatives will be responsible for conveying information to the appropriate person(s) in their club.
- Individuals club representatives will be responsible for the following:
- Maintain linkages with local club members
- Serve on MYSA and NW District Committees as needed.
- Represent the NW District positions.