The Minnesota Youth Soccer Association requires that background checks be conducted on its adult participants once per soccer year (Sept. 1 – Aug. 31). If an adult referee plans to officiate Minnesota Youth Soccer games, tournaments, etc. during the soccer year, they: 1) are required to complete the Minnesota Youth Soccer online background check process, 2) must meet the background check requirements (pass) and 3) must submit the $15.00 processing fee (instructions below). If an adult referee is also a Minnesota Youth Soccer member club official, coach, team manager or administrator and therefore needs to complete the Minnesota Youth Soccer online background check process through their club, they do NOT need to do it a second time but after completing the member club process they need to contact MYSA Executive Director Candace Daley at firstname.lastname@example.org to let her know that they have completed the process and through which club so the information can be confirmed and their name can be added to the statewide list of approved referees.
- Go to www.mcdowellagency.com and click on the “Client Log-in” tab found at the top right.
- Enter user id: MYSREF and password: MYSREF and click on “Login.”
- Click on the “Request” tab found at the top of the webpage.
- Type full name into the “Electronic Signature” box and mark the box next to “My name entered above signifies my Electronic Signature” and click on “Continue” to proceed.
- The following information is required to complete the background check: last name, first name, current address, city, state, zip code, date of birth, social security number and gender; then click on “Continue” to proceed.
- Under “Criminal Court Searches” – click on “Add/Edit Jurisdictions.”
- a) Under “Search Type” click on drop down box and click on “Felony and Misdemeanor;” under “State” click on drop down box and click on “MN;” under “County/Jurisdiction” click on county of residence (in alphabetical order).
b) Under Search Type” click on drop down box and click on “Felony and Misdemeanor;” under “State” click on drop down box and click on “MN;” under “County/Jurisdiction” click on “Statewide” (located at the bottom of the selection list).
c) Click on “Add Searches to Order.”
- Social Security Trace, National Sex Offender Database and USA Criminal Index Database are prefilled. Click on Agree and Submit Order.”
- Print receipt for your records and log off.
- Send a check for $15.00 made out to Minnesota Youth Soccer and mail to Minnesota Youth Soccer, 11577 Encore Circle, Minnetonka, MN 55343, Attn: Candace Daley.
NOTE: This process does NOT serve as registration to Minnesota Youth Soccer or any Minnesota Youth Soccer member club; it only gives Minnesota Youth Soccer the information and permission necessary to conduct a background check.